Weekly Postings

I've lost most of my posts that I had on another blog. So I have reviewed some of my short writings to begin blogging again. These will start soon on a weekly basis.

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

 

Kure Beach Day 1

            Early morning at the beach usually is ushered in by a stillness that marks the place and time peculiar to this setting. This familiar placid scene offers a break for my soul. My usual constraints dissipate against the gleaming ocean that periodically manifest long, rolling waves. The low rumble of their break is the background sound that the spring birds tweet their melodies against. The occasional rumble of cars and trucks remind me that this second-floor vantage point is temporal for me, miles away from my ridge top homeplace. My eyes relish the obscured sun, the haze of grey clouds wisped and streaked against the blotched out azure sky. It is a privilege to return to the where land, sky and water meet, blended by our creator into an expanse of shimmering light, color and an infinite backdrop where the sky and water become one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is very important to me and is appreciated. I will be reviewing it shortly.